Cosmetic Neuromodulators (aka Neurotoxins)
Shed years of aging and stress from your face with cosmetic injectables at Vibrant Med Spa.
Our professionals employ best practices in every treatment plan to ensure you love the skin you’re in. We also use well-tested products that produce consistent results.
What are Cosmetic Neuromodulators?
A common list of cosmetic neuromodulators we use are:
How does it work?
When injected, neuromodulators block signals from your nerves to your muscle tissue. This prevents the targeted muscles from contracting which can ease certain muscular conditions and improve the appearance of fine lines.
What are some common treatments?
- Horizontal/forehead lines
- Frown lines
- Bunny lines
- Lip lines
- Marionette lines
- Under eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Gummy smile
- Soften jawline
- Relieve tension caused by teeth grinding or clenching
- Turkey neck
- Double chin
- Excessive underarm perspiration
Is it safe?
Yes, we only use injectables approved or cleared by the FDA. Injections are safe and effective for most people when administered by a reputable injector.
What can I expect during the procedure?
Appointment durations vary between injection services. Neuromodulator injections are about 30 minutes.
When you arrive at your appointment, we will:
- Take photos before your treatment for our treatment record.
- Have you make certain facial expressions and movements to determine the best injection points as well as review what injection formulas will be best for your body.
- We will cleanse the skin, mark the treatment site, and then place tiny injections directly into the appropriate muscles. There will be several points of injections in each treatment area.
Our patients have noted minimal pain during procedures as the needles are very small and thin. If you’re concerned about pain, please let us know when you arrive. We can apply topical numbing cream and/or cool packs before Filler, Sculptra, and Contouring injections. A cool pack is also provided after all injection treatments and can be taken home.
What should I know before my first appointment?
The Texas Medical Board requires an annual “good faith exam” to be completed by a nurse practitioner or doctor before receiving any treatment where a needle will pierce the skin. We will check our records when you book the appointment and schedule a free, virtual clearance if a current clearance isn’t on file.
Please review the pre- and post-treatment instructions located in your patient portal at least a week before your appointment as certain medications and alcohol should be discontinued before treatment. With all injections there is the potential for swelling and/or bruising, so consider scheduling these around special events.
What results can I expect?
There are 4 phases to evaluating neuromodulator results:
- Baseline: Your appearance before ANY injections.
- Peak Efficiency: You may have some results within 4-5 days, but the full effect is achieved by day 14. It’s essential to wait a complete two weeks before evaluating your results.
- Return-to-Movement: This is the longest-lasting phase (average of 3-4 months) and a favorite time for most clients as they enjoy natural movement without the appearance of residual wrinkles and fine lines when making no expression.
- Return-to-Baseline: This occurs when you achieve full movement AND see fine lines and wrinkles as they originally appeared while making no expression. Most clients choose to schedule their next treatment once the residual lines begin to occur, but before they return to the original state.
How soon will I see the results?
Results take a full effect within 10 days of your treatment. It’s a quick procedure with little to no downtown. Results typically last 3 to 4 months.