We offer a variety of customizable chemical peel options from industry leaders and well-respected skincare lines. Each peel is meticulously formulated to address a specific set of skin problems. Formulas can be adapted and modified to serve your unique skin care needs and goals better.
During your initial consultation, a Vibrant Med Spa practitioner will perform a comprehensive assessment to determine the condition of your skin. In this session, we will also discuss your treatment preferences and aesthetic goals. Then, we’ll craft a chemical peel treatment plan to achieve your aims.
Chemical Peel Options
- This option offers exfoliation and moisture retention properties.
- Promote softer, smoother skin, and decrease the appearance of fine lines
- A great option to layer with another chemical peel
- An antiseptic exfoliant that deeply cleanses pores
- Excellent treatment for acne
- Aids in overall skin rejuvenation
- A chemical exfoliant that promotes the repair and regeneration of skin
- Recommended to aid in the elimination of actinic keratosis
- Improves the appearance of aging skin and uneven texture and tone
Modified Jessner Peel
- A synergy of useful acids to help reduce the appearance of melasma, freckles, acne, and mild cases of rosacea
- Use a physical sunscreen with at least an SPF 30+ every day for three weeks prior to the chemical peel.
- STOP the use of any benzoyl peroxide product (Purity Gel Spot TX, Acne Lotion, etc.) or any other product that can cause dryness, redness, or irritation three days prior to the chemical peel.
- If you have a history of Herpes Simplex, please ask us to prescribe an antiviral medication when scheduling. This should be taken the day before, the day of, and a day after your procedure. If you are experiencing an active outbreak in the area to be treated, please reschedule as we will be unable to perform your procedure.
- A melanin-suppressing product containing hydroquinone or glycolic acid may be recommended depending on your skin type. You must follow the appropriate instructions on the use of this product.
- No facial waxing 1 week prior to the chemical peel
- No filler/injectables 2 weeks prior to the chemical peel
- No IPL or Laser Hair Removal 2 weeks prior to the chemical peel
- Botox can be done up to 1 day before a chemical peel
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications for 5 days prior to your treatment.
- Due to the body’s inflammatory response to Covid-19 and other viruses, we ask that you postpone your procedure 2 weeks after being symptom-free. This helps minimize post-procedure inflammatory responses your body may experience.
Post Procedure Instructions
- Keeping skin hydrated is very important! The next day, moisturize in the morning and evening.
- Gently cleanse your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser.
- Do not pick or pull your skin at any time after your peel, as it can cause scarring. Your skin will take about 4 to 7 days to completely peel depending on the strength of the peel or treatment you received.
- Do not exfoliate using a cleansing brush or any facial scrub or acid-based products for 2 weeks.
- Do not use any products that contain AHA, Glycolic, Retin-A, or any acne medication until your skin has finished peeling (5-10 days)
- Keep skin well hydrated by drinking at least three 8-ounce glasses of water per day, and moisturizing throughout the day with a good moisturizer both day and night. Reapply throughout the day as often as needed. Your skin should never be so dry that it is cracking or sore.
- Refrain from waxing, tanning, or using sunbeds for 3 weeks.
- Avoid working out and sweating for at least 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
- If your skin becomes itchy at any time, you may use a 1% hydrocortisone cream (any brand).
- Avoid sun exposure for 24-48 hours. Use SPF 30 or higher in the morning and reapply throughout the day (even when it’s cloudy or when sitting by a window). This will minimize the chances of more sun damage and discoloration.