Stop Sweating, Start Living
Permanently reduce underarm sweat and odor.
Millions of Americans suffer from excessive underarm sweat, also known as hyperhidrosis. Even for those who do not have hyperhidrosis, sweat and odor can cause embarrassing situations.
miraDry® is the only FDA-cleared treatment that dramatically reduces underarm sweat in as little as one appointment. Over 150,000 miraDry® treatments have been performed worldwide.
- Permanent, lasting effects
- Immediately experience results
- Non-surgical procedure
This energy-based, non-invasive treatment provides an effective, safe, and permanent solution for underarm sweating without the use of toxins or surgery. You can permanently get rid of your underarm sweat and odor with a single treatment (most cases) that lasts for about an hour.
Become sweat-free and stress-free.
What is miraDry?
The miraDry system is a non-invasive in-office procedure that uses thermal energy to permanently eliminate underarm hair of all colors as well as odor glands. It is the first FDA-cleared device that targets and destroys the sweat and odor glands in your underarm. Typically, once destroyed, the sweat glands do not regenerate. The effects are permanent.
Out of the 4 million sweat glands on our body, only 2% are located in our underarms. As a result, the treatment will not affect the body’s natural ability to sweat and cool itself. The point is simple; you need to sweat, but not from your underarms.
What results can I expect from miraDry?
You can expect immediate and lasting results. Once the miraDry treatment eliminates the sweat, odor, and hair glands, they’re gone for good. The procedure is clinically proven to have an average of 82% sweat reduction. As with any aesthetic treatment results, patient results and experience may vary.
How many treatments will I need?
Most patients see results in as little as one treatment session.
Is there any pain or downtime?
Most patients describe the procedure as painless. We administer local anesthesia to the underarms before the treatment for patient comfort.
Most patients experience little to no downtime and return to regular activity immediately. Patients resume exercise within several days. You may experience swelling, numbness, bruising, and sensitivity in the underarm area for several days post-treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Some localized soreness or swelling will occur and typically clears up within a few weeks. Some patients have a short-term altered sensation in the skin of their underarms or upper arms. These sensations gradually disappear.
How much does it cost?
Pricing varies depending on the treatment needed to achieve your desired results. We will discuss pricing during your consultation.
- Due to the body’s inflammatory response to Covid-19 and other viruses, we ask that you postpone your procedure 2 weeks after being symptom-free. This helps minimize post-procedure inflammatory responses your body may experience.
4 Days Before Procedure:
- Shave both underarms; by the time you come in for your procedure, there will be a little bit of hair growth to identify the area to be treated. If you forget to shave, we will recommend that you reschedule your procedure date.
1 Day Before Procedure:
- Do not wear any deodorant or antiperspirant.
- Freeze 2-4 water bottles (ice packs).
- Throw away any used bars of body soap, body scrubbers, and deodorant that isn’t a spray. This prevents existing bacteria on these items from contaminating the treated area.
- Replenish soap, body scrubbers, and deodorant. You will notice an immediate improvement in perspiration, but the full effect takes three months to complete.
Day of Procedure:
- Wear clothes with loose arm holes for easy access to the treatment site, e.g. tank top, sports bra, or camisole.
- Plan for the procedure to last 1.5 hours.
Post Procedure Instructions
- Immediately ice the treated area using towel-wrapped ice packs and use non-prescription anti- inflammatory medication (e.g. Ibuprofen) to reduce swelling. Continue as needed over the next few days.
- We recommend freezing water bottles and putting socks over them for longer-lasting ice packs.
- Keep the treated area clean (wash with water and a gentle soap) and apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment (e.g. Neosporin) to prevent infection.
- Avoid shaving or applying antiperspirant/deodorant for the next few days. If deodorant/ antiperspirant is still desired after the treatment, discard any partially used product and open a new product.
- Wait a few days before resuming rigorous exercise and activity.
- Wear loose-fitting tops to avoid underarm irritation for the next few days.