Photo Rejuvenation / IPL Treatment
LUMECCA by INMODE
What is Lumecca?
Lumecca is the most powerful intense pulsed light (IPL) to treat benign pigmented and vascular lesions. After just one use, patients notice significant improvements in the complexion and clarity of the skin. Lumecca operates using photothermolysis, which provides a photofacial through the delivery of a comfortable light treatment.
What sets Lumecca apart?
The technology in Lumecca uses a higher peak power in order to deliver a stronger result, which leads to fewer treatments than other IPL machines on the market.
What areas can be treated?
Lumecca can be used on all areas of the body. The most common areas of treatment are zones that are regularly exposed to the sun. This often includes the face, neck, décolletage, legs, hands and arms.
- Arrive at your appointment with clean skin; do not apply creams, lotions, or deodorant.
- Use of tanning beds, self-tanning lotions, creams, and sun exposure on the area to be treated must be avoided for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment. This is extremely important to avoid blistering and potential scarring.
- Wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 or more on the treatment area every day for the duration of your treatment process.
- If you are using or begin using photosensitive medications topically or orally (antibiotics, St. John’s Wort, Accutane, etc.) please inform us immediately. You must be off of these drugs for 10 days to 6 months depending on the drug before you can be treated safely.
- Avoid aspirin and aspirin-containing products for 2 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A, Retinols, Glycolic, Salicylic, etc. on the treatment area 3 days prior to treatment.
- If you have a history of Herpes Simplex, please ask us to prescribe an antiviral medication when scheduling. This should be taken the day before, the day of, and a day after your procedure. If you are experiencing an active outbreak in the area to be treated, please reschedule as we will be unable to perform your procedure.
- Due to the body’s inflammatory response to Covid-19 and other viruses, we ask that you postpone your procedure 2 weeks after being symptom-free. This helps minimize post-procedure inflammatory responses your body may experience.
Post Procedure Instructions
- Wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 or more on the treatment area every day for the duration of your treatment process. You will remain photosensitive for 3 weeks post-treatment.
- If needed, you may use cool compresses on the treatment area for the first several hours after your treatment.
- Aloe Vera gel may be applied to help soothe the treatment area.
- Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area during the recovery process. Protect your investment.
- Avoid sweating, saunas, swimming pools, lakes, or ocean water for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Use cool water and a gentle cleanser on the treatment area for 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating scrubs or brushes for 7-10 days post-treatment.
- If you are treating over freckled or pigmented areas, you may notice these areas get darker the 1st couple of days. This is normal and should not be of concern. Do not scrub off flaking skin. It will slough off naturally within 1-2 weeks.
- If a blister or crusting appears, or you have a histamine reaction (itching), please call the clinic, you may need an antibiotic ointment or a hydrocortisone cream. This is a possibility with any laser treatment.
- Make-up can be applied to the treatment area if needed.